Anyway, so I was excited to see an online tutorial for a quatrefoil kitchen mat. It is a small miracle it ended up looking as decent as it does. When I started painting the white quatrefoil pattern, Adam comes in and says, "hmm. That looks like a second grade art project." Not the right thing to say, husband. But to his credit, it kinda did. I had to re-do it and get a better paint brush. Here's the finished product:
Second thing I will gush about... I have been in love with these darling little cookies - macarons - since I saw them awhile back. French. Maca-RON not ROON. They have a unique texture due to lots of egg whites and sugar.

Aren't they beautiful?! I love the bright colors. So I tried my hand at them. I made blue rum coconut, pink guava and mango orange. I had the extract and colors to do green lime kiwi and pineapple ones, but they were a bit labor intensive, so I stopped at 3 kinds. Here's my not-picture-perfect ones:
Fun. Fun. I love the endless flavor options.


No comments:
Post a Comment