We've been in our first house!!! since the first of July but have just been busy busy with summer things since then. Here's our house that I love!
Lovely weed patch, eh? Sadly there was no lawn put in and we are in charge of doing that ourselves. Adam and the boys have been outside when he's been available to pull weeds and rake up thousands of rocks within the soil. So this picture is about 2 months old. Now we just have a dirt patch, but it's better than a weed patch. This is also before the house was violated by a TV satellite dish and subsequent cords. Honestly, it's fairly annoying to get TV and internet in certain rooms of the house when they weren't wired as such from the beginning. I know every third house in the US has satellite dishes and we barely notice them, but I think they are an eye-sore.
Here's the kitchen. This area and the great room are what drew me to want this house.
When Stacie was here, we embarked to change the red wall color in the middle room wherein sits the kitchen table. It just seemed a bit odd sandwiched between 2 rooms that had Oyster Bay walls - kinda a light blue/green color. So we painted a dark blue gray color. I love how it turned out.
BEFORE
Testing paint colors...
AFTER
We found a great area rug at Home Goods that helps bring in both wall colors together really well.
I really wanted to find a white media console with flanking bookshelves. These are hard to find--most furniture stores only carry various shades of wood. Adam was semi-opposed to the whole thing from the first place and told me they probably don't carry white ones for a reason (being that they are not that popular and no one wants them). I was not to be deterred. Pottery Barn had a beautiful Logan system but it was ~$3300. Youch. I ended up buying one at IKEA - after checking it out at the store and seeing that in fact it did not look like a cheap piece 'o crap.
Adam was a good sport and spent 5+ hours putting the whole thing together with the help of his uncle.
Here's the finished product. I am pleased with how it looks. Now I can fill it with decorative items.
Adam sees the empty space within the TV space and says we need a bigger TV. See how house priorities are very different between men and women?!
The shutters finally came this week, too. Finally our ground floor is not so exposed.
The project list continues. Next up I want to re-stain my wood table darker and paint the chairs. We need to find out how much a sprinkler system will cost and all that jazz. Plus of course I need to decide what to do baby girl's room, but thus far have felt uninspired. There's just a small detail called money...







3 comments:
I'm in love with your kitchen! Love the house! Look how grown up you are!
Your house looks great and that kitchen would have sold me too. It's beautiful.
Love how the entertainment center looks! Yea--are you so happy? Kudos to Adam for being Bob the Builder:)
Post a Comment