Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A quickie in Austin

We flew to Austin for a few days with most of Adam's family. Adam's younger bro lives there and his wife recently had their first baby.
It was nice to get away - WITHOUT THE KIDS :) It has been awhile since I have been anywhere!
I think we spent equal time traveling as we did chillin' in Austin. We had a layover in Las Vegas. (Yes, that makes no sense. It is in the opposite direction.) I love Southwest airlines!
Austin is a great city. I am not a big fan of Texas, due to many annoying people from Texas thinking and vocalizing how Texas is far superior to any other place.  My brother in law is included in this list of annoying people :) But... Austin is really cool. "Keep Austin weird" - that's the motto. It's more liberal and less-"Texas" than some areas.


Longhorns reign supreme here. This is in front of the U of Texas bookstore. Most universities are pretty good at marketing their logo on a bunch of crap, but the longhorns have that down really well - toilet seat cover?

We explored downtown Austin and spent a bit of time at the Saturday market. This is called the trailer park - a several-block area full of food carts. Adam and I had some thai food.


The eating continues... we ate at Rudy's.
 This is a BBQ place where you buy meat by the pound. 2 pounds of beef brisket, 1 pound sausage, 2 pounds pork loin, creamed corn, a loaf of Texas toast, all put on a white sheet of wax paper for a plate. Good stuff. Of course the men were HUGE fans. Adam and Jim are brainstorming how to franchise this place elsewhere!


Sunday, baby Joshua was blessed. He's very cute - take my word - 'cause I didn't take any pictures!

1 comment:

Sarah Gessel said...

Texas is the best. I have a big bottle of Rudy's sissy sauce in my fridge 'cause it's delicious. By the way, we'll be in Utah for Grant's wedding April 14-22 (wedding is the 22). It would be fun to see you.